Context: Nils reviewed a colleagues CTC application to give feedback before it was sent for formal review. I obtained his permission to post these lines here.
Some of my insights from the review were:
- Do not describe „known methods“ (like Open Space Technology) in great detail.
- Do not generalize what was done.
- What you did quite specifically
- Describe your part
- Why a „method“ was chosen (and possibly how it relates to coaching)
- What was the impact, what were the learnings
- how did you fail and improve over time, what did you change
- do not ignore the word count, it will help you to focus
Posts in the Certified Team Coach (CTC) series:
- CTC Mentoring Pilot: Overview
- CTC Mentoring Pilot: Application specific learnings
- CTC Mentoring Pilot: Coaching (To be written, tweet me if you want to be notified.)
- CTC Application Process Tips by Roger Brown
- CTC Quick pointers for candidates by Vernon Stinebaker
- CTC Application Insights by Nils Bernert